My name is Helen DeWaard.
On Twitter I’m @hj_dewaard.
I’m a long-time learner in digital spaces, coming out of the shadows of my introversion to share in virtual communities. In my alter-time I teach at the Faculty of Education with Lakehead University in Ontario, Canada. I focus my teaching energies to digital and media literacies, critical digital pedagogy, digital storytelling, professional eportfolios and infusing professional practice with effective technology use.
I’m a graduate of the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE) with an M.Ed focused on technology and special education. A portfolio of learning (My Renovations) was completed for the Masters of Educational Technology, University of British Columbia.
I am a voracious reader of mystery, fantasy and all good books recommended by friends and family. I walk and wander where and when I can. Global travel is an infrequent event but always a welcome opportunity. I blog at Five Flames 4 Learning and reside digitally at https://hj.dewaard.ca and, for now, also at https://www.hj.dewaard.com (while I’m making the transition from ‘com’ to ‘ca’.
This is where you can link to all my relevant digital spaces.
- HJ.DeWaard.com – My first domain space for Helen DeWaard
- Five Flames for Learning – original blog site
- Extending – blog site for Ontario Extend & eCampus Ontario tasks and projects
- Step by Step – site for all PhD related work and insights
- My Renovations – ePortfolio site for work done in the Masters of Educational Technology at University of British Columbia.
My Courses – each has their own web presence.
- 3239PPY – Digital Teaching and Learning, Undergraduate for Concurrent Ed.
- 3239PY – Digital Teaching and Learning, Professional Year, Faculty of Education
- EDUC4000 – Media and Digital Literacy, Professional Year, Faculty of Education
- 3239PY – Critical Digital Literacy, Online Elective Course